Call us today on:  
01782 283 113

Individual Placement and Support

(IPS) Services support people who are accessing support for their Drug and Alcohol problems to gain employment.

You can access support from a Substance Misuse Employment Specialist to identify what you want to do and supporting you to find a job that suits you. The employment specialist will also work closely with your local CDAS support team to ensure your goal of gaining employment is part of your care plan and that everyone with working with you to achieve this goal as part of your recovery.

There is a wide range of different ways your employment specialist can help you to get a job.

They can help you:

  • Create or update your CV
  • Carry out weekly job searches
  • Complete applications
  • Contact employers directly, with you or on your behalf
  • Improve your interview skills
  • Give you help to manage your benefits
  • Support you with guidance on disclosing any convictions to employers
  • Help you to explain periods of unemployment
  • Educating and supporting employers in respect of substance misuse and recovery

In-work support

Once you have been offered a job your employment specialist will help you to cope with your new role, provide advice and guidance on your role and how to do well in your role.

Your employment specialist will support you by speaking to your new employer to agree any reasonable adjustments you may need. They can also help you to learn your new role and to cope with any issues that may arise.


To make a referral please email us using the button below.

About us sections

Stoke Recovery Service

Work for us



Individual Placement and Support